Reflective Essay

Abdullah Rafi
Professor Vaughan
12/13/2022
Personal Reflection

Part1

Q1
During the last school year, I learned more about the course material by studying, participating in class discussions, and attending classes. I learned more about the subject by reading the assigned texts carefully and asking questions in class Also asking my professors more specific questions and get extra help during lessons.
Q2
I’m most proud of how much I learned and improved as a person this past year. I learned more about my subjects and used the new skills and information to get better grades and understand the material better.
Q3
Study groups, time-management tools, and studying in multiple settings helped me succeed. I learned more in groups since I could ask my classmates questions and hear their perspectives (J. Amos Hatch). A planner helped me organize my responsibilities and study time. Changing locations helped me focus.

Q4
Lack of focus and plan led to problems. With a good plan and structure, I found it easier to stay on task and easy to get sidetracked. Also, it was hard for me to stay motivated because I needed to keep track of my progress and the tasks I had to do.
Q5
I learned that I need more structure and focus if I want to do well. This means I need a plan and a clear idea of what I want to achieve. I also need to keep myself motivated and find a way to track my progress.
Q6
I learned to be patient and not judge myself too harshly. I know that success usually takes time and that making mistakes is a normal part of learning. I also learned to accept my mistakes and see them as chances to learn and grow.
Q7
Teachers, classmates, and family helped me progress this year. My teachers advised me, and my peers helped me. Finally, my family always encouraged and motivated me. This semester, my family, friends, and teachers helped me succeed. My teachers always helped me with my questions.
Q8
My family and friends were always there to cheer me on and help me feel better when I did well. I’m thankful for the help my professors and friends gave me.
Q9
They gave me the information and helped I needed to reach my academic goals and learn new skills and facts. I was most happy when I felt I had done an excellent job and was proud of it.
Q10
Having worked hard and been dedicated to something gave me a great sense of accomplishment and joy. To be to express the above moments I have to continue maintain traits of dedications and working hard
Q11
I’m proud of how much I’ve grown in school and my personal life (J. Amos Hatch). I could study and hang out with friends simultaneously and still had time for my hobbies and interests.
Q12
Research, tutorials, and mentoring helped me learn new information and skills. Online research and tutorials helped me understand the material better, and mentorships with professionals with more experience taught me important lessons about my chosen field.

Part2

Q1
My knowledge of genres, formats, the author’s goal, and the audience has grown. I now know how important it is to understand the purpose and context of each genre, the way the message is delivered, the author’s intention when doing the work, and what the audience wants and needs.
Q2
I have a better idea of how to handle different kinds of writing and rhetorical situations. I now know how to choose the right genre and medium for my writing, make an argument that will work for the audience I’m writing for, and ensure I’m meeting the audience’s needs.
Q3
Since I’ve been in this class, my writing process has dramatically changed. I now know how vital audience and context are when writing, and I’m more aware of how different people will react to what I write. I also know how to do research and how to use different sources more effectively than I did before.
Q4
When doing work for a new audience, it’s crucial to consider the genre and medium used to get the message across, as well as the needs and expectations of that audience. For example, I’ll use easier words and less complicated ideas if I’m writing for kids (J. Amos Hatch).
Q5
If the audience learns better visually, I would also consider introducing more images or interactive aspects. If I write in a different style or for a different audience, I’ll examine the style and audience to comprehend the context and purpose. Considering my medium and audience. I’d then argue for the audience’s demands and expectations.
Q6
This seminar has changed my research mindset. I now understand the importance of using credible sources, focusing my research, and being organized. I understand the importance of taking notes and citing references. This will aid my research. This course has greatly influenced my writing.
Q7
I’ve learned how to make good arguments and write persuasive pieces that work for different people. I also know how to use sources to back up my arguments and how to use different types of rhetoric more effectively.